Your shopping bag is empty - time to start shopping!
Try It | Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes
This DIY breakfast makes Mondays more manageable.
Not a morning person? Well, you still need to eat! Breakfast gives you energy to get up and go. And, while quick fixes like cereal and toast cut down prep-time, they lack nutrition and more often than not provide empty, unwanted calories.
Next time you crave something yummy in the morning whip up these banana pancakes. We promise they take less than five minutes to make AND they’re gluten free, which means Angelenos and health nuts everywhere will love them.
We love this recipe because it is so easy to make, and believe it or not, healthy (note: there is no flour, sugar, butter or baking powder but we promise you still get delicious, fluffy pancakes)!
For one serving you’ll need:
- 1 banana
- a coconut oil or almond butter
- 1 egg
- Mash the banana, oil and egg together in a bowl
- Oil your griddle and warm over medium heat
- Spoon mixture onto griddle (pancake size should depend on what you’re in the mood for and who you’re feeding)
- Keeping your eye on them, flip after about a minute and a half, depending on size
- Remove from heat when they are golden brown on each side
Peanut butter lovers might want to add a small spoonful to the mix — yum! Also, you can add chopped walnuts for crunch or a dash of cinnamon for spice.
If you like the heart-shaped design pictured above, just use a metal cookie cutter. Place it on the grill and pour your mix inside. Wait until your pancake is ready to be flipped to remove. It will be cooked enough at that point to hold the heart shape.
We think these make the perfect breakfast for a loved one. Don’t you agree?
Photo courtesy of glutenfreefix.com.